New Freebie Adventure
This is a freebie for anyone who’s interested. No strings attached!
I’m having such fun sending out free, artsy/creative postcards to people, I’m creating new ones and sending them — at random — in batches of 20 – 100 per week.
- The original (orange & purplish, “Your year to create!”) cards are gone now.
- I’ve sent a small (20-or-so) batch of b&w cards about making art with what you have, no matter where you are. Those are no longer available.
- My next 100 cards were glossy, printed postcards, and they include a mountain scene and a quotation about beauty. Not signed or numbered, they were a “test run” with a different postcard design. All of them have been sent now, too.
- I will create more, spontaneous b&w cards and send them on whim, as well. They’re not signed or numbered… just fun!
Starting with the August 2010 postcards, the artwork is generally my own.
To receive free artsy/creative cards in the mail, scroll down and use the form below. No charge, no strings attached, and I don’t share addresses with anyone else.
Really, this is just one of those fun things that I like to do.
Here’s what I said in the original post:
I’ve now sent postcards to all former (paid) subscribers to my zine and “creative somethings.”
If you were a subscriber and didn’t receive your postcard, please use the paid subscribers’ form to update your mailing address.
Anyway, I have about 30 postcards left from the batch I had printed. I want to send them out, too. (Update: Remember, those have all been mailed now.)
In fact, I want to do this with every zine or gift-y, artsy item that I publish:
In addition to mailing to my subscribers’ list, I’ll draw names at random from the freebies list. When someone receives that month’s postcard, it’ll be like receiving a treat. They’ll have a free, 30-day pass to something cool and exclusive.
Some of the postcards will be a signed & numbered artsy something, in itself.
And, the info on the postcard will lead the person to the hidden location of whatever-it-is. (It may be a riddle or a mystery to solve, to figure out the download location. I want this to be a game, sometimes, but not too difficult.)
If you’d like to be part of the freebie pool of names/addresses, send your name & snailmail/postal address to me, using the form below. (It’s okay if you’re not in the U.S. I’ll choose a few non-US addresses each time, too.)
The first 30 (or so) will receive my current postcard, which is simply the “confirm your mailing address” card I’ve been sending. (You will NOT need to confirm your address.)
After that, you’ll be in the regular drawing for access to… well, I’m not sure what, yet.
- If this works out, I may turn the subscription area into something that new people can subscribe to. Let’s see how this first step goes. This has to be fun!
- Some people were confused about my earlier call for addresses from former, paid subscribers. If you were NOT a paid subscriber — someone who signed up for a year of paper zines, probably in the 1990s — and you sent me your name + address during my earlier call, you do need to resend it with this form.
As an artist, author, Amazon Associate, and affiliate in several programs, I may earn royalties or commissions from qualifying purchases. Those do not affect the price. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.