Wow. I never thought I’d be writing about this, but… well, here we are.
The short version is: I don’t personally collect any information about you at this website. Other than that, it’s the Internet. Some data collection seems to be unavoidable.
Here are more details:
- If you leave a comment or send me something via the Contact page, I’ll usually know your email address (if you leave a real one when you comment) and maybe your IP number. I don’t do anything with that information, it’s just how the system works.
- My website security software – and my hosting site’s security software – may check your IP number to be sure you’re not coming from a Really Bad Neighborhood.
- If you see any ads (they’ll be obvious), they may add cookies or something similar. Generally, I avoid running ads on my websites.
- If you click on a link (from this site) that takes you to another site, that site may not have the same policies that I do.
- If you came here from a site that follows you – something like, say, Facebook – they may add my site to the files they’re already keeping about your interests & habits. (I’m trying really hard not to sound all 1984 – the book – as I talk about this.)
Also, this is what you know about some of my links: When I recommend (or tell you to avoid) a particular product or service, I may earn a small commission if you buy anything at that other website, usually Amazon. I never recommend anything I wouldn’t want my mom or my kids to purchase. (Some of my kids read my articles, so I’m very serious about that.)
And, to meet the legal requirements of doing business in the U.S. (and now the EU), here are the boring, technical, legal pages, with all the details my attorneys told me to tell you:
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Copyright Policies
- Free Articles (returning soon)
- FTC Compliance and Affiliate Disclosure
As an artist, author, Amazon Associate, and affiliate in other programs, I may earn royalties or commissions from qualifying purchases. I never recommend anything I wouldn't buy myself, and - in most cases - I have bought/tried whatever-it-is. And I liked it enough to recommend it. Also, Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.